- What is the amount of pain in uterine color image (HSG)?
Due to the fact that the amount of pain and pain tolerance varies from one person to the next, it is not possible to give a precise amount. Many do it without any inconvenience. Some people tolerate pain or express severe pain, and others do not follow their infertility cause due to fear of this image. There were patients who have performed the uterine color image after years of being instructed to take it when they were informed of the possibility of anesthesia.
- Does it require hospitalization after anesthesia?
No. The severity of anesthesia is so that the patient does not feel pain and discomfort of HSG. A few minutes after the completion of the job, they can drink and leave the center for a maximum of half an hour.
- Is it necessary to have a companion?
Yes, because at the time of shooting, the patient’s legs are placed in the examination position, and when anesthesia is performed, there is a need for one person to get the patient’s legs, preferably the spouse or a woman who is not pregnant and is able to maintain the patient.
- Is any pain felt at all?
No, there will be no pain at the time of shooting. Of course, in some cases where uterine tubes are open, the drug may enter into the abdominal cavity and a mild pain, like the menstruation pain, may be felt a few hours after HSG which will be reduced after the use of the prescribed drugs. Meanwhile, until complete anesthesia, no action is taken on the patient.
- Is there any other way to evaluate the uterus and appendages?
Yes, this information can be obtained by laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, which are more expensive than hysterosalpingography (HSG) and requires deep anesthesia in the operating room.
- Do other centers perform anesthesia?
No. At present, the only center that can provide hysterosalpingography with anesthesia (HSG-WA) is the Teb Azma Imaging Center in Qom, which have visitors from several distant (Gorgan, Mashhad, Shiraz, Kazeroun, Bushehr) and close (Saveh, Arak, Tehran, Delijan) cities every day to perform HSG.
- How long does take the anesthesia, and if somebody is allergic to some anesthetic drugs, will it be a problem?
The duration of anesthesia depends on the number and duration of images, and can last from one quarter to one hour. The patient is awake 10 minutes after the shooting, and can leave the center after drinking liquids. In the case of drug allergy, the patient is asked before the anesthesia, and it is decided about the choice of anesthetic drug.
- Is it possible to simultaneously perform a Pap smear test with the uterine color image under anesthesia?
Yes. If you inform at the time of admission for anesthesia, it is feasible to perform the Pap smear test by an experienced midwife at the same time.
- Does hysterosalpingography with anesthesia (HSG-WA) reduce the rate of pregnancy or is it a barrier to pregnancy?
No, this is a misconception and it has no scientific basis, anesthesia for hysterosalpingography (HSG), or other surgical procedures, has no effect on pregnancy.
- Is the anesthesia performed only by Dr. Moghaddas Zadeh, and a woman performs other steps? Or the whole color image process is done by Dr. Moghaddas Zadeh?
Dr. Moghaddas Zadeh is only responsible for the anesthesia and stands above the patient while she is covered. The spouse is also present in the room while shooting. In addition, a female anesthesia expert also assists Dr. Moghaddas Zadeh. It should be noted that this procedure is performed in Qom for more than 12 years.
- I’m afraid of anesthesia and its hazards, also I’m afraid of the color image. What should I do?
Unfortunately, fear of anesthesia is very common among people, but it must be said that in case of proper care, the risk of anesthesia is less than the risk of passing from a busy street, and any complications have been seen in those who took image with anesthesia at our center.
Where is the address of the Teb Azma Imaging Center?
Teb Azma Imaging Center, next to the Shahid Rajaee (Alikhani) Bridge, Imam Musa Sadr Boulevard (Khakfaraj), Qom